The route

The route

Saturday, August 14, 2010

DAY 8: Rest day

Uneventful but necessary day.

Having clocked a 1000 km in 7 days, I think I deserve a rest. Despite my best intentions, I was fully awake at 8. It must be down to the routine I have established this past week on the road. I spent the day studying the route for the next couple of days, catching up on my sleep and food, updating the blog, doing laundry and doing some minor adjustments to the bicycle. By tomorrow night I should be out of the mountains and into the rollers.

My long conversation with America will resume tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Tricia, I appreciate your words, thanks a lot! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. ottimo Luis, ti sei rilassato, hai fatto benissimo! Anpi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luigi! It's raining on and off here in Loudoun County VA which is nice since it's cooling off the consistent hot weather. So many people in the office are now on leave and things are truly slowing down. Maybe we should all get in our cars and just drive west, we might just catch up with you!!? Keep going strong Luigi, I am looking forward to your Sunday's journey. Ciao, ciao, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. ciao luigi mi manchi tanto sei stato veramente bravo e coraggioso a fare tutte quelle salite hai fatto bene a prenderti un giorno libero per riprendere le forze sei stato bravissimo in 7 giorni a fare 1.000km spero di vederti presto baci baci la tua martina.!!!!!!!!!!! bacissssssssssssimiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bè, ora mi rilasso, iniziavo a pensare che non fossi umano! fare 1.000 km in 7 giorni e con appena 1.500 km di "fondo" nelle gambe mi sembra già un'impresa extraumana soprattutto se aggiungi che una buona parte era di salita. Il giorno di riposo ti ha restituito sembianze umane e in più permette a me di dirti che faccio - o meglio, facevo - 70-75 km in bici e mi riposo-avo 3 giorni. GOOD LUCK Micio

    ReplyDelete
  6. abbiamo diligentemente studiato la carta degli USA e abbiamo scoperto un nuovo stato: il West Virginia che tu non avevi considerato. Per cui ne hai già attraversati 2 e sei nel terzo. Socmel!
    Micio, Patata e Cotechina

    ReplyDelete